Friday, June 20, 2008

~Fabulous Friday Tips and Tools~

I Hate My Handwriting
Handwriting styles are unique to each person. Simply seeing a loved one’s
handwriting on a note or in an album evokes special memories of that person. However, for many people, dislike for their own handwriting keeps them from recording important written memories with their photos. There are so many ways to journal on your pages now. There are journal spots and stamps that are very helpful. A few of my fave stamps are the Autumn Leaves Journal Blocks, and the 7 Gypsies stamps. Then I absolutely LOVE the Heidi Swapp Journal spots. They come in a variety of colors and shapes. You can even make your own from strips of paper. I think it is just very important to journal in your handwriting. I have a few cherished pages from a scrapbook that my great-grandmother kept many years ago. She died at 103 and the things I have from her are so precious to me. That is what someone will think of YOUR work one day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well for shit sakes woman. What a fun thing to do! I may just have to copy you and do a scrap blog too. What a fun place to showcase all of your favs and Layouts. I am closing my weight loss one so maybe I will start this kind would you care? Don't wanna tick the Leesa Master off!!Let me know sista

SANDY said...

CUTE IDEA I NEED TO GET BACK INTO SCRAP BOOKING! I USE TO DO IT ALL THE TIME WHEN JETT WAS BORN! BUT B AND ABBIE DONT REALLY HAVE SCRAP BOOKS IT MAKES ME SAD! LET ME KNOW WEHN YOU WANT TO GO TO LUNCH!